KTLA Anchor Chris Burrous died from an overdose.
L.A. County Medical Examiner Burrous died in a Glendale motel on December 28th.
He died from methamphetamine toxicity after being found unresponsive.
The death investigation states that Burrous left early from his shift at the KTLA news station claiming he felt sick.
It states that instead of going home, he set up a meeting with a man at a motel in Glendale to have hardcore sex. Burrous reportedly met the man multiple times in before after meeting on Grindr.
When the man arrived Burrous answered the door fully naked according to the investigation report. He set up the room with “DJ Style Lighting” S&M toys, lubrication jelly and a massage bench.
The report states that they engaged in various different styles of sex, including anal and oral sex.
At a certain point during their sexual activity, Burrous allegedly inserted a “rock” of crystal meth into his anus and stated it was supposed to make him “high and loose”
Burrous gave the man a syringe full of GHB and a bottle of Gatorade, and they started having sex again, and during the sexual activity, again, Burrous put on an S&M mask and entered another rock of crystal meth into his anus, and the man started to fist him. It’s reported that Burrous used an alkyl nitrite inhaled that produces a euphoric effect called “Poppers”.
The man fisted Burrous while he layed on his face. The man continued to fist him, and asked Burrous if it was okay. Burrous said he was fine. As the man continued he heard Burrours make a grunting sound and flipped him over to find Burrous had vomited in his S&M mask.
The man called 911 and performed CPR on Burrous. The emergency responders arrived and took him to an emergency room, where he died.
It’s reported Burrous did not have a history of drug abuse, and only used drugs recreationally.
Law enforcement does not suspect the man that encountered Burrous of foul play, and report that he fully cooperated with the investigaton.
Burrous leaves behind a wife and young daughter,