Jussie Smollett has been set free, and all the criminal charges against him were dropped.

Jussie Smollett who was facing 16 felony counts of lying to police in the alleged racial and homophobic attack has had all his charges dropped today. The case is completely over, and all Jussie has to do is surrender his $10,000 bond.  Jussie’s lawyers said in a statement:

“Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him. Jussie was attacked by 2 people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public, causing an inappropriate rush to judgment.”

SEE ALSO:  Tiffany Haddish Reveals she was Raped by a police officer Police officer when she was 17

The Lawyers continued on to say:

“Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions.  This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong. It is a reminder that a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect. Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result.”

A source close to Jussie Smollett told reporters that the case against Jussie “disintegrated” and started the case started to lose weight very quickly. The source said that the case the police built against Jussie had a lot of holes.

One of those hole being the $3500 payment that Chicago police first “Confirmed” was for the alleged attack, claiming that Jussie paid the brothers.

SEE ALSO:  A Japanese man has married Hologram singer Hatsune Miku.

The brothers themselves said the $3500 had nothing to do with the attack, and was genuinely a personal training payment that had set up for a very long time, dating back to September 2018.

The brothers’ lawyer also went on Good Morning America to say the $3500 was for a personal training payment plan.

Another hole was the Chicago police previously “confirming” that Jussie had written the threatening letter to himself 6 days before the attack.

The FBI conducted their own investigation and found that there was no evidence Jussie had written the letter as Chicago police claimed.

Jussie and his lawyers will address the media at 8:45 AM PT.

Like us for trending stories on your timeline:

Updated: February 4, 2020 — 10:45 am

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Diaspora7 © 2019 Frontier Theme

Privacy Policy